2020-2021 MUS Employee Benefit Plan Information
April 3, 2020
To: Montana University System Benefit Plan Members
From: Montana University System Benefits Office
Subject: IMPORTANT: 2020-2021 MUS Employee Benefit Plan Information
For the upcoming 2020-2021 Plan Year, the Montana University System (MUS) annual enrollment dates for employees to make benefit changes will be from April 22-May 15, 2020. This year coverage options for the MUS Choices employee annual enrollment will include a few benefit changes and enhancements, which are outlined below:
- In an effort to reduce administrative costs and monthly premium rates for enrollees, the MUS will be moving to one Medical Plan option as of July 1, 2020. All Medical Plan enrollees will be automatically enrolled in the current Medical Plan coverage level with the new Medical Plan third-party administrator, BlueCross BlueShield of Montana (BCBSMT). To see if your provider is an In-Network BCBSMT provider, please check their website at www.bcbsmt.com/find-a-doctor-or-hospital. Enrollees who were not enrolled on the BCBSMT Medical Plan prior to July 1, 2020 will receive new Medical Plan ID cards and will see a reduction in their monthly Medical Plan premium amount. As of July 1, 2020, your providers will need a copy of your new Medical Plan ID card to ensure that claims are submitted to the correct plan for processing after July 1st.
- Monthly premium rates will remain the same as last plan year for the Basic and Select Dental Plans and Vision Hardware Plan.
- As of July 1, 2020, MUS will be moving to a new Flexible Spending Account (FSA) claims administrator, WageWorks, Inc. If you want to enroll in an FSA (health or dependent care) for FY21, you must make your benefit election online via the Benefitsolver online enrollment system. All FSA enrollments are irrevocable elections, unless the employee has a qualifying life event that allows for a change in their FSA election based on Plan rules. WageWorks FSA enrollees will receive new debit cards at no cost to the employee. If an employee doesn’t enroll in an FSA for FY21 with WageWorks and has unused FSA funds in the amount of $50 or less with Allegiance Flex Advantage that are not expended by June 30, 2020, the Allegiance FSA will be closed and the remaining unused funds will be forfeited. Claims must be received by Allegiance by September 30, 2020 for reimbursement. Any health FSA rollover amounts of $500 or less from Allegiance will be available through WageWorks for use by November 1, 2020.
- The MUS has a new contract with its current life, accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D), and long term disability (LTD) administrator, The Standard Insurance Co. This new contract will include:
- New rates for all benefits.
- Guaranteed issue (GI) for employees ($300,000) and spouses ($50,000) without evidence of insurability (EOI) during annual enrollment.
- Spouses can enroll up to, not to exceed, 100% of the employee amount subject to Plan rules and EOI if over the GI amount during annual enrollment.
MUS employees will continue to make their benefit election changes online in the Benefitsolver online enrollment system. Instructions on how to login and navigate the online enrollment system are available online on the MUS Choices website Home page at choices.mus.edu. The online benefits enrollment system will walk you through your coverage options and monthly costs. If you are not making any changes to your benefits, you do not need to make an active benefit election and you will automatically be enrolled in your current benefits (with the exception of the new Medical Plan administrator and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)).
The MUS Benefits office will be providing an employee benefits presentation for viewing live online on Friday, April 17th at 10:00am via WebEx, which can be accessed from the MUS Choices website Home page at choices.mus.edu. The recorded WebEx benefits presentation and the slide presentation will be available on the MUS Choices website for viewing on April 22nd at your convenience. You may also check with your campus Human Resources/Benefits office as they may offer a benefits presentation or an opportunity for you to view the WebEx with them on campus.
The MUS Active employee Choices benefit books will be available online on the MUS Choices website Home page at choices.mus.edu the week of April 13th.
What do you need to do?
- Plan to watch the 2020 MUS Choices Employee Benefits WebEx presentation on Friday, April 17th at 10:00am.
- If you are making benefit changes for the 2020-2021 Plan Year to your MUS Choices Employee Benefit Plan, you must make your benefit elections by Friday, May 15, 2020 online via the Benefitsolver online enrollment system.
- If you want to enroll in an FSA (health or dependent care), you must make your benefit election online via the Benefitsolver online enrollment system.
- If you do not want to make any changes to your current MUS Choices Employee Benefit Plan, you do not need to make an active benefit election and you will be automatically enrolled in your current medical plan tier coverage level (with BCBSMT) and your current dental and/or vision hardware benefits.
If you have questions or need additional information, we encourage you to contact your campus Human Resources/Benefits office or the MUS Benefits office at 1-877-501-1722.