How to Enroll
1. Each eligible faculty and/or staff member receives a monthly employer contribution. This amount is based on the Montana State legislature’s allocation toward the cost of benefits for state employees.
2. Within 30 days of first becoming eligible for benefits, or during annual enrollment each year, you select or make changes from among the benefit plan options. Note: Must enroll within 30 days of hire or 63 days of qualifying event (see qualifying events).
Mandatory (must choose):
- Prescription Drug (automatic with medical plan)
- Basic Life Insurance and AD&D
- Long Term Disability
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Supplemental AD&D Insurance
- Long Term Care
- Flexible Spending Account
Note: For optional benefits, you must select these options each year during Annual Benefits Enrollment period.
4. The enrollment form will walk you through your coverage options and monthly costs. To determine the before-tax cost of your benefits, add up the total cost of the benefits you’ve selected and compare it to the employer contribution provided to you by the Montana University System. The Monthly Out-of-Pocket Benefit Premium worksheet will assist you in figuring out the cost of your benefits.
. . . . . . . . . . . If the benefits you choose cost
Your annual Choices elections remain in effect for the entire plan benefit period following enrollment (July 1-June 30) , unless you have a change in status (Qualifying Event.).
All questions about the enrollment process or qualifying events should be directed to your campus Human Resources Office or the Montana University System Benefits Office at 1-877-501-1722.